Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life's an Adventure in Silhouettes

The April challenge at Craft a Scene is to create a scene using silhouettes - something "solidly colored in against a lighter background."  I had this stamp set "African Veldt" from Mark's Finest Papers laying on my counter from a recent card and decided these stamps were perfect to create a card for this challenge.
 I sponged the background with Memento Cantaloupe, Tangelo, and Desert Sand inks and added some shadows, shading, and grass with brown pencils.  The silhouettes were all stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used  Black CS for the mat and card base and  Pattern Paper from DCWV Safari Chic Matstack.  Finished with a sentiment (from the same set) stamped on a label cut with Spellbinders Die.  I was inspired by a card made by Geri shown on her great blog Geri's Cards and the colors that she sponged  for the background stuck in my mind. I went back to see her card after making mine and it was almost the same. Thanks to the very talented Geri for the inspiration and for letting me CASE her card for this challenge.

Challenge:
Craft a Scene: New challenge blog - challenge of Silhouettes

Cards for Men: Theme is the Great Outdoors.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Becky said...

WOW Theresa...this is fabulous! I love the colors in the background!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the DP and the wonderful silhouette scene! Great job!

Nannieflash said...

Wow that is one gorgeous card, thats something I would really love to see for myself. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Sheree said...

What a beautiful scene! The yellow tones are perfect for setting the scene!
Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene!
Sheree

The Other Patti Sue said...

You've created a very cool scene here GF! Love your background!

Deanna said...

WOW! The colors make the perfect backdrop for this scene. LOVE YOUR MATTING:)

NancyD said...

Theresa, you have a great eye for scenes. I love this one - makes me think of Africa. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month. NancyD

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, this is so beautiful!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Saw this in the challenge....awesome card GF! Pops right out of that gallery!

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

I love this, Theresa...I like the backing paper and the tree shape and the elephants of course!