Thursday, April 26, 2012

Eye Popping Poppies


As soon as I saw this photo on the left  at Lily Pad, I knew I had to pull out a very old favorite stamp that I have not used in a long while. And I have never colored this image with Copics so I gave that a try.  I was very pleased with how beautiful the colors are and I  think it turned out very well. The stamp that I used is PSX "Poppies Botanical".  Remember all those beautiful botanical stamps from PSX? I have several in my collection.The photo is from April’s Virginia’s View Challenge with a prize of your choice of a FlexMarker set from Letraset.  We are to make a new card using the photo on the left as a source of inspiration.

Challenges:
Lily Pad April’s Virginia’s View Challenge : Use photo inspiration
Crazy 4 Challenges : C4C133 Add black card stock to make your card pop

 Supplies:
Stamp: PSX "Poppies Botanical" from 1995

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: R22,24,27,46,59, G05, YG09,67
Papers: White, Green, and Black CS
Black Ribbon and Black Bead from stash
Sakura Black Glaze Pen

Have you thought of using any old favorite stamp in a new way?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love the poppies....

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love love those PSX!
Your coloring is stunning!

Lin said...

WOW, that is a beautiful stamp, Theresa, and you really brought it to life with your coloring! Beautiful take on the photo inspiration!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Would you look at that amazing coloring... I'm so impressed and jealous of your talent! Beautiful card and I love your title!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

and she just calmly writes, I was very pleased with how they turned out! Wow, Fantastic. Gorgeous! Come on, use some of the good words!

Betty Benton said...

This is out of this world beautiful! Love, love, love those poppies!!

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

You have showcased this stamp so beautifully! Love love your inspired card, Theresa! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!