Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthday Card Inspired by a Tune

Finally, I have something other than an Easter card to post.  I made this one  for challenges asking for a theme of the great outdoors, a color theme, and  a CAS card inspired by a tune.  Can You "Name My Tune" that inspired this card? Answer to follow. I stamped the images and sentiment using Mark's Finest Papers' "African Veldt" set with Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks on White CS. I used a Versamark pen to adhere black embossing powder to the elephants and tree top for some texture and contrast.  I used a brown patterned card base from DCWV Safari Chic Mat, added a black CS mat and topped with the image on white CS wrapped in Brown Organza Ribbon.  Papers and ribbon were from my stash. Very easy, clean,  and simple card with a masculine feel.
Challenges:
Cards for Men: Challenge is the Great Outdoors.
The Play Date Cafe: Challenge is Black...White...and a 'splash' of Brown.    See Graphic on left.  Part of tree is stamped in Brown for that needed splash.
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC46- Create a Clean And Simple project based on a song.  My card is based on the song "Baby Elephant Walk" by Henry Mancini. This week, Melanie Muenchinger is giving a signed copy of her book "A Year of Flowers" as the prize which I'd love to have.

Click on the title "Baby Elephant Walk" to listen to My Name that Tune or see below.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I really,really like this one! Super great CAS design!

Patti P. said...

Love the African silhouette you have achieved with this fab card and what a great song! Wonderful job!! Hope you are having a great weekend.
hugs...

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful and string card! Thanks for joining the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

Betty Benton said...

I almost got the correct title of your song -- I thought it was "Elephant Walk" (forgot about the Baby part!!)

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the elephant image and your song choice is perfect,too! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa said...

Great card, fun song choice!!

Stacy said...

Such a cute card, love the elephants. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Alicia said...

Such a darling card... love those elephants, especially as a silhouette. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Play Date Cafe! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. I'm so happy that you have joining our challenge at Card for Men with the theme The Great Outdoors, your card is just fantastic and I love seeing your creations. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Paricia