Sunday, April 15, 2012

April Showers


 Yesterday was a day of April Showers and I was inspired to make this card for several challenges since it was not nice enough to play outside. This was one of  those cards that surprised me by turning out much better than I anticipated.  It was a joy to make because  this stamp always reminds me of my sister.  I paper pieced some of the design using pattern, solid, and glitter paper. Did you know it's hard to stamp on glitter?  I had to draw in some of the lines with a fine black pen after cutting out the pieces.  I used a sketch from The Pixie Cottage challenge and used cut out clouds and flower border from the paper pad that I used. Stamped the sentiment and cut out the cloud shape freehand and added a glitter edge.   Still trying to use some of my old stash, I remembered that I had the raindrops that I used outside and inside my card. Also I used some never inked stamps that were the perfect finish:  "A friend dances with you in the rain....and walks with you through the storm."
Challenges:
The Pixie Cottage: Sketch and theme of Paper Piecing . See sketch above.
Oldie but A Goodie:  Theme is April Showers. Papers and stamps are over 6 months old.
Party Time Tuesday: Use water ...raining on my card!
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Theme is April Showers or Water Everywhere.
Simon Says: April Showers bring May Flowers.
Papercraft Star: Challenge is to include an Umbrella.
DYSU Challenge:  Use glitter or bling. Used papers with glitter and also Clearstar pen for glitter.
Sweet Stamping: Theme is Girly but no pink. No pink used in the making of this card. What's more girly than 2 sisters together?

Supplies:
Stamp: Wags n Whiskers "Love You Sis"  and Creative Vision sentiments from "What's Shakin'"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: E0000,E31,E34, E39, E43, E44, E50, Y02,Y11,Y13, YR 02,YR20, YR21
Papers: White CS, DCWV Flower Shower Spring Stack for all Patterns and Cutouts
Cloud 9 Design: Rain Dots
Sakura Clearstar Pen

Looks like more April showers today.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

16 comments:

Fluffles said...

What a lovely card, great image & I love paper piecing. Wonderful sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at An Oldie But A Goodie & I hope you come back and join us on Tues for the next challenge. Jx

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the colors and the sweet image! Great coloring and piecing!

Catherine said...

This is really pretty, love all the bright colours.......

Patti P. said...

So pretty...love your sentiment and your paper piecing is the best. I too am trying to use what I have, when I started stamping all of my sets, wow...need to use some of those before buying new.
hugs...

Sylvia said...

What a bright and cheery card, Theresa, your images are colored beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Umbrella" challenge.

Tracy said...

Oh how cute and your paper piecing looks amazing! :-) Thank you so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Cely said...

Beautiful project for our water challenge! Love the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us this week at Party Time Tuesdays!

Mary Jo said...

Sweet card! Love how you used the bling-very unique! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow such a cute card. Love your use of the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage
Denise
PCDT

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' with this pretty card.

Pam x

princesskitten said...

Love the raindrops - clever

kitten - DYSU team

Jenny said...

My sister and I are pretty 'girly' when we get together so this is perfect for our challenge at Sweet Stampin. Thanks for joining in our fun.

Katina said...

Such a lovely card Theresa and just perfect for our challenge at PTW. Love the image and the sentiment is lovely.
Thanks for playing along with us this week.
xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

My goodness... would you look at all those challenges! This is gorgeous GF!

Marcea said...

absolutely beautiful!
Thankyou for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week
-x-

Janneke said...

What a great card ;o)
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet' Stampin this week.


Janneke XO