Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another Name That Tune

 The tune that inspired this card should not be hard to name...do you know what it is???? I  designed this card for the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge -Create a Clean And Simple project based on a song.  I was thinking of their sponsor this week, Melanie Muenchinger, when I made this card.  I love all of Melanie's stamps especially "A Year of Flowers" which I use a lot, especially the rose stamp used here.  I also thought of the state of Texas because Melanie lives there. So I was inspired by the "Yellow Rose of Texas".  I printed an outline of Texas and placed on a black mat and yellow card base using a gatefold design. I stamped the rose with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Yellow Copics. The image was cut and attached with foam dimensionals. Black satin ribbon used to tie to keep closed. The sentiment stamp is from Melanie's "Say it with Flowers". I finished the inside using scraps of K&Company Pattern Paper and more of Melanie's stamps. 
Inside of card
Other  Challenges:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Black and White plus one other color.
Cooking It Up With Katie:  Include something Folded (a different from usual card fold or a folded item on the card). Add a Flower!
Made a gatefold card and used a cut out stamped flower.

To  listen to "Yellow Rose of Texas" sang by Roy Rogers go here.  

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa


Note: Missed  deadline at Cas-ual Friday...had ready to post but forgot to enter last night .....closed at midnight .

6 comments:

Carla S. said...

Great card, Theresa! Very clever design with the Texas outline and Mel's yellow rose!

joy said...

Great take on this week's theme, Theresa! Love the yellow rose.

pinky said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

The Other Patti Sue said...

HA... I guessed the right song! Super pretty!

La Vikinga said...

Love your choice of colors and the elegant card you made! Thanks for participating with Crafty Ribbons in our challenge this fortnight and welcome back later this week for a new challenge!

La Vikinga

NanaConnie said...

Theresa, this is fantastic! Love the CAS design -- so well done. Thanks so much for joining us in our challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie. Hope we'll see more of your fab work next time, too.
NanaConnie DT