Thursday, March 29, 2012

Twine Tricks with a Twist

 I have not used much twine on my card projects but have seen so many clever tricks. Since this week's Annabelle Stamps' challenge is to Say It With Twine, I thought I'd try something using some lovely Lime Green twine that I had won from Annabelle's.
I used Annabelle's "Dotted Flowers" stamping the stems with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and the flowers with Memento Rose Bud ink. I stamped one flower and cut it out with circle die and adhered with foam pad for depth.  The sentiment that I used is from Flourishes "Spring has Sprung". With the twine I made grass across the bottom using scor-tape to attach, added twine  to one of the stems, and made a butterfly with pink and black twine.
Learn how to make twine butterflies at Jen's Ink Spot that I found through google. Thanks, Jen.

Challenges:
Annabelle Stamps Blog: Say it with Twine
Lollipop Crafts: Anything Goes
Paper and Such Design Blog: Challenge is Spring or Easter Card
Ribbon Carousel Challenge: Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday: Anything Goes

I enjoy all your comments.
Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Great card, Theresa! Your twine butterfly is awesome, thanks for sharing!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is super adorable! Love how you used the twine!Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Theresa! The twine butterfly is so pretty!

Jen Carter said...

Oh! This is so cute!! I love how you used the butterfly and the twine for the grass too! Thank you so much for the shout out!!

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your butterfly and grass, and framed border is fantastic!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Betty Benton said...

What a terrific butterfly -- great job on your twine-y card!

Robyn said...

Wow!Congrats! Your twine grass is spectacular!! TFS In my faves!