Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sang My Song a bit Late

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!
 I am upset with myself....I made this card with a lovely graphic from Graphics Fairy for the challenge at City Crafters and then I forgot to post it!!! Have you ever done that? But I love how the card turned out! Too late for that challenge but there are always more challenges to enter. I used a sketch from Card Patterns that was perfect for the image.
I simply printed the image that is already colored. I used an Ivory Card base that I distressed, added the green mat, patterned paper, image,  ribbon, wood flower with button and sentiment following the details of the sketch.

Challenges to enter:
Card Patterns: Sketch 158 shown on right
Saturday Challenge Secret Crafters: Shabby Chic/Vintage...think this has the look with the distressing and vintage look image
Crafter's Companion: Theme is spring....birds singing are a sign of spring.
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Spring with Ribbon Theme
Crazy 4 Challenges: Theme is owls but we can use other birds if we must.

Supplies:
Image:  Bird from Graphics Fairy (Am a big Fan)
Stamps: Flourishes "Spring Has Sprung" and
"Birthday Pennants" 
Ink: Distress Ink Antique Lace, Memento Rich Cocoa
Papers: GKD Grass Green and Ivory CS,
            Authentique Pattern from Blissful Pad
Brown Satin Ribbon, Wood Flower, Button from stash
Corner Punch, Nesties Circle Die


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Well, darn! I hate it when I do that! But look on the bright side, you have a fabulous card ready to send to someone special! Beautiful card Theresa, thanks for sharing!!! Sorry you missed the challenge :(

Carla S. said...

Too bad you missed the challenge cut-off, Theresa, but your card is beautiful! Wonderful vintage bird graphic!

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful Theresa. Love that vintage bird image. :)

Hugs~

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous creation, and perfect for our challenge of Vintage/Shabby Chic at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx

Cindy Haffner said...

So so PRETTY!~

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Theresa! That bird image is so pretty! Happy you shared even though you missed the deadline :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty and your coloring is fantastic!

Franz♥ said...

Cute job, love your Vintage/Shabby Chic touch!

Thanks for playing along with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Love that vintage bird and all the details. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!