Thursday, March 15, 2012

Great Blue Heron for Challenge

Welcome everyone.  I finished this card several days ago but have had trouble finding time to post between time on the beach and birding.  I am entering this card for the challenge: What If? Wednesday Challenge M712.  I used the Great Blue Heron Stamp from Repeat Impressions which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics and Memento markers. Sponged some Memento Summer Sky on sky. Added some Glossy accents on the beak, legs and cattails. Other supplies were Slate Blue, Orange, and Rust Cardstocks, and shells collected  from the beach on Captiva Island.  Sentiment is Flourishes.

I look forward to getting back into the swing of making cards when we go home next week. Thought I'd share a photo of a Great Blue that I made on the beach recently.
Thanks for dropping by.
Theresa
 

Repeat Impressions Sketch M712 





10 comments:

Olga said...

what a fantastic image, this is gorgeous!!!

NancyD said...

Wow! That is a very stately looking bird and a wonderful card! NancyD

Betty Benton said...

Yep, I thought of Captiva and all your gorgeous photos of waterfowl when I saw your card -- it's terrific, by the way!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great card... you captured it's beauty perfectly!

Selma said...

I love this card. I always love to see the great blue herons out in fields. Fantastic card!

Laura said...

love the image!! nice job my friend!

Mary Meinhold said...

Great card! love the colors and shells!

Mary Meinhold said...

Great card! love the colors and shells!

Payne Holler Cards said...

a knockout - know you hate to leave paradise (-: safe trip home!

joy said...

Welcome home, Theresa! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope we can get together when Lin get back and talk stampin'!!