Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vintage Vacation at the Beach

 Sugar Creek Hollow has a fun challenge for us this week. They want us to make a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card that depicts a VACATION AT THE BEACH.  This challenge is perfect for me this week since I am at the beach and I searched for shells on the beach to use on my vintage card.  I used a great graphic of a Bathing Beauty from Graphics Fairy that I found searching the web.  I printed the image using a sepia finish and then added some pink highlights using a Copics marker. I tore the edges of the image before attaching it to a mat from a BasicGrey paper pad. I then used a card base of textured blue CS. The shells were randomly placed on the sandy beach in the graphic.  I also colored the starfish and added some Glossy Accents which I hope show on the card.  I used a sentiment from Flourishes stamp set "Beach Life" stamped in Memento  Rose Bud ink ( I included an enlarged photo so that you can  read).  I also finished the inside with leftover scraps and another sentiment from the same set.
I love how this card turned out with the great vintage print.
Supplies:
Graphics Fairy Image

Stamps: Flourishes "Beach Life"
Inks: Memento Rose Bud Ink,  AngelPink Marker
Copics: R81
Papers: BasicGrey Pattern, Blue CS from Stash
Glossy Accents
Shells from Captiva Island Beach

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Vacation at the Beach

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Betty Benton said...

What a perfectly beautiful card -- love the vintage image and your own personally picked shells!!

Patti P. said...

Wowzers girl, this is simply stunning! I love the image but how you have showcased it is fantastic, love the pink accents and your shells. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous vintage card, Theresa! I love the image and the shells! So soft and beautiful!

Olga said...

the perfect vintage card, I'm just glad we don't wera those suits any more LOL

Marina said...

What a pretty card! I love the colours.

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE it! Such a perfect vintage card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so that's where you are! so happy for ya (-:
this is one truly gorgeous card - love how you added the pink!
thanks so much for playing at Sugar Creek Hollow (-:

Tracy Vinson said...

Wonderful design. Such great colors and details as is the love behind your creation. Thanks for joining the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge.