Monday, February 13, 2012

Come Fly Away With Me

At Timeless Tuesday this week,  Maki's  challenge is “Fly Away With Me” – Use bird images and/or elements for your creation.  In keeping with my beach themes of late,  I used a combo of a photo and stamps to create my beach scene card. The photo of a Great Blue Heron in flight was made by husband on Captiva Island several years ago and is one of my faves of his bird photographs. I stamped the sentiment on the picture that I printed on White CS and cut out and placed on a White CS mat stamped with the beach scene and colored with copics and highlighted with Glossy Accents.  Stamps are Flourishes "Beach Life".  Card base is a textured slate blue CS.
Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #155: Fly away with me.
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Things with Wings

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

NancyD said...

Theresa, this is a great scene. I love the combination of the photo and your beach stamps. NancyD

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great idea using the picture on your card! Totally awesome!

Makiko Jones said...

This is wonderful Theresa!! I love your take on the challenge! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC!

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Theresa, haven't been around much either and didn't even know you were gone. Ideal time to take a trip and enjoy the beauty of the weather in Florida. Fantastic card as are all the others I missed commenting on. Will try to do better. Think I've had the crafting blues as the mojo and desire to craft took a vacation...LOL
Happy Valentine's Day! "Hugs"

Olga said...

awesome!!!! You the girl!

Gram's Treasures said...

Adorable, and so unique! So glad you could join us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!

Betty Benton said...

Just beautiful, Theresa! That is a great picture!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so perfect! should be sold in stores at the beach !!!