Sunday, January 15, 2012

You've Got Mail with a Touch of Vintage

 
Closeup of Sentiment

I made this card 5.5' x5.5" which is a larger size than I usually do but I wanted to better use the pattern paper design from K&Company.  I printed this image "You've Got Mail" from Digi Doodle Shop and colored with Copics. Love the old fashion Morning Glory vine and flowers by the mailbox which has a vintage used  look.  After cutting the design with Spellbinders Label 4,  I sponged it with Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks to give an aged look.  I placed on a small doily that I sponged the same. Placed this on a circle of gold CS to better show the design. Now back to this lovely pattern paper...think it has a great vintage look...I embossed it with Cuttlebug's Kassie's Brocade EF and the Border Dot  from With Love EF on the outer stripes in the paper. After placing the pattern on a card base of ivory (edged with the Antique Linen ink) I popped up the image with dimensionals and added a gold seam binding bow accented with a jeweled brad and small crochet flower.  The sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers "Happy Pansies" was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa on a strip of the PP and attached. Thought this font had a vintage flavor.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek HollowDo vintage, shabby chic, or primitive card with embossing. Someday, I am going to figure out how to do a primitive one. This week Digi Doodle is a sponsor.
Party Time Tuesday: Use a feathered friend on your card. Digi Doodle is also one of the sponsors.
Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge: Use embossing.  Is this what is meant by killing two birds with one stone?

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the ribbon...

The Other Patti Sue said...

Pretty,pretty! You dp looks like vintage wallpaper!

Olga said...

that is one awesome card, love the mailbox!!

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty and vintage-y!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love to do bigger cards when I love the dp - hate to cover it up LOL
thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow (-:

Patti P. said...

Theresa, your dp does have that vintage aged look to it and love the DD image, morning glories are such a beautiful old timey flower and I love them....may have to plant some this spring! Your card is gorgeous and I do love seeing you play at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Cec said...

So pretty and so very vintage. That is lovely DP. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Bettina L. said...

My gosh this is a fab card. Love the embossed dp and that doily behind the image. Makes it look kinda vintage. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shops challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Stampalicious said...

this is very pretty, I really like this image, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty card, love the lacy doily behind the image, thank you for joining us at the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x