Monday, January 23, 2012

Treat Box for Valentine's Day


Hello. I have just returned from a trip to Tennessee to be with my Mother for her 92nd birthday.  We all had a great time visiting and celebrating.  She is full of life and in good health and keeps us laughing with tales of her life ....she remembers everyone she meets and knows everyone's history including everything about everyone's life.

I have rushed to get an entry in for Timeless Tuesday's challenge to make make anything but a card, something like a treat box or bag or even a tag.  Since the Flourishes January Stamp Sets release was waiting in the mail for me last night (I still cannot believe I won it in last week's challenge and that it arrived so quickly), I decided to use one of these beautiful sets. I chose "From the Heart" stamps to create a box that I will fill with candy for someone...wonder who???
Made my box with White CS for the lid and Red CS for the bottom. I added a border of hearts using an EK Border Punch from the Red CS. I stamped a flourish and sentiment on the lid with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. Used the same ink to stamp the lovely ornate heart and the banner and sentiment which is popped up on the heart. Attached this to a red scalloped heart cut out with a Spellbinder die and attached this to a band of Heart Ribbon from my stash.  Now to find some candy.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #152: Heather asked us to make anything but a card, something like a treat box or bag or even a tag to hold some yummy Valentine candy or chocolates!
Cupcake Craft Challenge: All you need is love.
TSG 140: Love is in the air....use hearts and love in a project.

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your sure on a winning streak... congratulations on your win! Beautiful treat box!

having a {me} day said...

What a beautiful box! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Olga said...

this is gorgeous!!! I love the box!!!

NancyD said...

Well, I think great minds think alike! I am working on a very similar box with a Digital Delights image. Yours is wonderful. I hope to do as well on mine. NancyD

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, your Valentine box is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us...hugs ~S~

Heather Jensen said...

How beautiful Theresa. I love your scroll heart on the box. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

Cheryl said...

What a pretty box! I love that stamp set--congrats on winning it! Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week!

Brodders said...

Simply stunning :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Challenges this week :) - Jane x

Patti P. said...

This is one gorgeous box, hope you find someone sweet to give it to....congrats on your Flourishes win, have you bought that lottery ticket yet?

Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous project, many thanks for sharing the love at Cupcake Craft Challenges!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sue W said...

Stunning Theresa! Congrats on your win!