Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ring in the New Year and New Release


Flourishes is asking us to "ring in the new year with “Father Time” or “Baby New Year” – this challenge is a fight between new and old! To be in the running, simply use a card that showcases an image of time or one that showcases little baby new year i.e. a baby card. Either will get you in the running. The winner will receive all three sets that are a part of our January release! "  My card includes an image of time. I have used Flourishes "moments in Time" set for my entry card. The clock face is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black EP on White Card stock. After cutting with Nesties circle die I mounted it on 2 circles of Gold Mettalic Card stock. I attached this to a mat of Red and Gold Pattern Paper from Teresa Collins' "World Traveler" mat. Love the richness of this paper. This was placed on a card base of Black Textured CS. Finished with the verse stamped on a cut out of the gold and a organdy ribbon with gold threads. Also added some gold touches to the clock with a gold brad and gold pen and around the mat with Pilot Gold Marker. (Maybe should make the sentiment a bit smaller...looks too big once I view it here?) Challenge is here.

Hope every minute counts today...time is a precious thing not to waste.

Thanks for dropping by today.
Theresa

4 comments:

Carla S. said...

Another gorgeous card, Theresa! I love that clock face and matching sentiment! I need more stamps, I think!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally awesome... perfect for the challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

I bet the metallic cardstock really adds to the elegance, very classy card Theresa! Thanks for playing with us at Flourishes!

Tammy Hershberger said...

The World Traveler paper is beautiful with your design... very elegant! Thanks for joining us for the Flourishes challenge!