Sunday, January 8, 2012

Great Blue Heron-Great New Stamp

I love birds of all kinds but the Great Blue Heron is my favorite shore bird...he is so majestic and beautiful. I was thrilled to find this stamp "Great Blue Heron" at Repeat Impressions when I was shopping with a GC that I won at their challenge blog The House That Stamps Built...love that name.  I decided to use the stamp to create this card for their current challenge DCC14 to use blue and brown.  The heron is the main focus of the card and did not need any embellishments as it is such a "great" image. I chose not to add a sentiment until I use the card...will be a great card for a man, don't you think?

Challenge:
THTSB: DCC14-blue and brown
Party Time Tuesdays: Something New...used new stamp and paper.
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Something new...used new stamp and paper.

Supplies:
Stamp: Repeat Impressions "Great Blue Heron": Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ane Summer Sky, Rich Cocoa Marker; Copics: B0000,B000, B21, B45,C1, E25, YR20, 65: Papers: Brown Texture from DCWV Safari Pack ( From Santa), GKD White CS, Slate Blue Textured CS from stash; Corner punch.

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the colours...

Payne Holler Cards said...

beautiful and definitely perfect for a guy or any occasion!

NancyD said...

Oh, Theresa this is lovely. You should enter into our challenge at Craft a Scene as it qualifies beautifully. I really appreciate your subtle colors - that Heron is amazing. NancyD

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Kristie said...

This is so nice! I really like that image.

Betty Benton said...

Yes indeed, a wonderful, manly card! Glad you found a stamp you love with your winnings -- and it works perfectly for this challenge!

Kendra said...

You are right, this is a great image isn't it!? Love that you have used a Repeat Impression stamp! Thanks for playing at The House That Stamps Built!

CraftinGranny said...

It's a great man card Theresa. I had one of these swoop down on my water garden pond and ended up getting a decoy so he didn't come back. Their wing span is huge but they are regal and beautful! "Hugs"

Paige said...

The image is fabulous! Love the simple layout and layers so the majestic bird is the focal point. Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Sheree said...

Wow! This is beautiful Theresa! I LOVE that image and your colouring is perfect! Well Done!
Hugs,
Sheree

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, the image is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our something new challenge
hugs Mandy xx