Monday, January 16, 2012

Cherry Blossoms for a Birthday

 Cherry Blossoms are so beautiful and remind me of spring time...nice to think about on a cold Ohio day. I stamped this image on white card stock and colored with Copics and matted on a lovely green mat. Followed a sketch to assemble with Pink card base and an embossed mat of White finished with scalloped half circles. This will be a birthday card to send this spring.

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday Challenge: This week is a photo (shown on left)  inspired challenge. I was inspired by the colors of pink and green...love the color of the grass in the topiary.
Card Positioning System: Sketch CPS #251.
Anything Goes Challenge: Anything Goes.
CRAFT Challenge: Theme is Celebrations.
Charisma Challenge: Happy Birthday is theme.
DYSU Challenge: Be Pinky.
The ABC Challenge: H is for Happy Bithday.
Let's Ink It Up: Anything Goes.
Lollipop Crafts: Use no embellishments..did not realize that I had not used any until I posted. The stamp really is the focus of this card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes "Cherry Blossoms" and Paper Pretties "Happy Birthday"
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves Marker
Copics: RV000, RV21, RV23, GO9
Papers: Flourishes Classic White CS, DCWV Green textured Adhesive CS, Pink CS from stash
Sakura Yellow Glaze Pen
Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade
Nesties Scallop Circle Die

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

19 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful, what a gorgeous image of Spring! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Olga said...

absolutley gorgeous, makes me warm just looking at it!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Makes me yearn for spring... we have 14'and SNOW! Beautiful card my friend!

Betty Benton said...

Such beautiful flowers! Makes me homesick for the silk cherry blossom tree I had to leave at my old house! Oh poor me, guess I'd better look out at my hibiscus, bird of paradise, and poinsettias and count my blessings!! So glad I'm not dealing with Patti's 14 inches of snow!

SuzanneK said...

Very pretty, has such a delicate and feminine feel. Thanks for taking part this month in our challenge at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the embossed background and softly colored cherry blossoms!

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful card. Deeply the spring ! Good work ! Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the image and colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

Sonia said...

Hello! Totally Gorgeous! I love the image (I have this image all ready coloured for made a card I don't decide what sentiment I will use.)

Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Craft this week. Good Luck!
-Sony

Tracy Heaton said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for taking part at LIIU
Tracy x

Tinkerella said...

Hey Girl, what a beautiful card you made! I love it!
Thanks for sharing it and playing along at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Best wishes and a big hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

WencheP said...

The cherry blossoms are really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3. Happy New Year!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Joanie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Cynthia said...

This is lovely. Congrats on your CPS win!

Shanna Shands said...

I love your image you used. Your card is very elegant. Thanks for playing along with ABC.

kyanos said...

cute card!!!! thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs