Friday, December 9, 2011

Vintage Beauty


Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge this week is to make CHRISTMAS CARDS IN NON-TRADITIONAL COLORS. For my card I am using a Vintage postcard design that I downloaded but failed to identify the source...hate when I do that as I always try to record the source.  I just love the color blue and color of the birds and thought it would make for great non-traditional colors. Used a mat from Authenique "Wonder" paper pack on a base of GKD Ivory CS. Distressed the edges and added some distressing with Distress Ink Tea Dye to the image. Stamped a sentiment from GKD "Festive Frame" on the postcard with Tea Dye ink. Added a bow of Rusty Red Grosgrain Ribbon to finish.
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Holllow: Challenge mentioned above
DYSU Challenge:  Use Something Old! It could truly be something old, or just a vintage style or image. Used vintage look.



I am pleased with this vintage look.
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Carla S. said...

Another wonderful vintage design! Love this one, too, Theresa!

Linda B said...

A real vintage beauty!
LOVE all the snowflakes on your blog!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty!

WencheP said...

This is so pretty. Looks really elegant. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miss Emerald said...

It's a beatiful vintage card!

Naomi said...

Oh, WOW, I just LOVE that vintage postcard! Too bad you don't know the source...I'm still trying to complete my Christmas cards (YIKES) and this is PERFECT for a quick and easy card! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, at DYSU!