Sunday, December 18, 2011

One More Quick Christmas Card

I am not sure about the inspiration for this card but I was trying to tie in with a challenge that required using hearts and this was what I came up with as a design. I punched several hearts from Green CS with the smallest die in Nesties Scalloped hearts.....did not keep count of the number of hearts used.  I arranged the hearts to create the tree and glued together. I then randomly attached strips of red ric rac woven with gold threads that I had in my stash from Joann's for a long time.  The tree was mounted onto Gold Metallic CS and a sentiment from AnnaBelle's "Stamped for Christmas" finished the card....heat embossed with Versamark and unknown Red EP. This was a quick last minute Christmas card to make in case I need another one.
Challenges:
Annabelle Stamps Challenge: Say it with ...Christmas Cards.
For Fun Challenge:  Christmas- Anything Goes. Second entry.
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Christmas -Anything goes.
Joan's Gardens Challenge:  Create a quick Christmas card, something that does not take long, perhaps using dies or stamps.
PaperPlay Challenge: Christmas theme.
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: Traditional colors for Christmas.
Paper Cutz Challenge: Challenge #119 is "All Hearts Come Home for Christmas!" Make a card, LO or craft project for Christmas using hearts, and any colors you'd like! This was my inspiration to design with hearts.


Just a little baking and little more shopping to do and I'll be ready for the holidays. 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I totally LOVE your heart tree! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Sharon said...

Fantastic heart tree!!! I love it! I have seen these made before but have never done one myself. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

Sue W said...

What a clever Christmas card Theresa! Thanks for sharing it with us at AnnaBelle this week! Merry Christmas!

Olga said...

that is so cool!!!! You never fail to amaze me, you are so clever!

CraftinGranny said...

Hi Theresa, Wow, love the card and how innovative of you to use hearts to make a Christmas tree. Always lots of inspiration here. Hope to be back to blogging and creating starting in January. It's the only way I can keep my sanity......lol Have a Merry Christmas and Very Happy New Year! "Hugs"

Elaine said...

Wow, awesome tree! Love how you used the hearts to make the tree. Looks great!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz Challenge:)

NancyD said...

Great card for our Hearts challenge at Paper Cutz. Merry Christmas. NancyD

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS, x carol

gina g said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

Helen Dooley said...

LOVE THIS!!!! This is so cool. Thanks for playing along with us at For Fun this week.

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

What a great use of a heart punch, your tree looks fabulous!
TFS with us this week and have a Blessed Christmas :)
Andrea

Kathy D. said...

I love when a challenge inspires us to try new things and come out with a wonderful card. Great job with creating a tree with hearts....very clever and different.

Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you next Wednesday, 12/28/11, when the new challenge is posted. Have a wonderful Christmas.