Thursday, December 29, 2011

Gifts from Santa Around the Tree

 This month, Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge is to create a Christmas card with Santa in mind. Use St. Nicolas’s image, presents, anything that has a little Santa flair and use Flourishes stamps.  Five lucky winners will get the set called Santa I Believe. I really want and need this one!! I have been entering nearly everyone of these challenges this year but this one was a little difficult for me because I do not have any Flourishes "Santa" stamps in my collection of Flourishes stamps. For this challenge, I decided to center my card around presents from Santa and be a bit creative in using several Flourishes stamps to make my card.

I began using a tree stamp from "Birthday Pennants" to create a place for all the presents that Santa brought. I created the presents with stamps from "Strips and Stripes" (a border) and "Alleluia Angel" (a Grid Stamp) and added bows stamped with "Poinsettia and Boxwood". Also added ribbons to some gifts. Under the tree I attached two metal buttons as toys under the tree. Added all these items in layers with dimensionals to give a 3-D effect...hope it shows in the photo. I finished the card with a border of dots using "Strips and Stripes"  and a sentiment from "Moments in Time".
Challenges:
Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge: FLLNOEL20
Charisma  Cardz Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafts and Me: Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner: Home for the Holidays-use a scene in your home with some glimmer and sparkle. My presents under the tree were wrapped in red and gold and I have a wagon with a Teddy Bear sitting underneath.
Supplies:
Stamps all from Flourishes (see above)
Card Stock: Metallic Gold, White, Red from stash and scraps
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Rhubarb Stalk, Gold Ink Pad, Versamark
Copics G28, R29  and Pencils
Ranger Embossing Powder Clear and Red
Red Rhinestones, Ribbon Scraps
Buttons from JoAnn's

Wishing you the best in the New Year! Thanks for stopping by. I love to read all your comments.
Thanks, Theresa

10 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

How creative and original. This card is really awesome with so much detail on all the indiviual presents. Great thinking! Have a very Happy New Year! "Hugs"

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are a creative genius my friend! This is totally awesome!

Betty Benton said...

This is a wonderful card! I'm crossing my fingers for you to win this wonderful Santa set!

Olga said...

You are so talented, this is aweosme, Happy New Year!!!!

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Theresa,

Magnificent card. Original style. Simple and clean. I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

The good end of year !
Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

This is so cute and creative. Great presents and tree. Thanks for playing in our Christmas Spirit Challenge.

Pauline said...

Fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the dimension and the simple design of your card. So glad you were able to join us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Sharon said...

what a creative and clever take on our challenge and fourish's challenge. I think that your card is stunning! I love how you used what you had to create this card. very resourceful! and i love the toys. it adds to the visual interest in your card. the gift bags are perfect, too!
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC, and I hope you win your santa stamp set from Flourishes.
Happy New Year!

Mona Eidhammer said...

Thanks for playing in our christmas bumper challenge over at Crafts and Me with this fabulous creation. Hugs...Mona