Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge 148

Hello. It's my second week as the December Guest Designer for  Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.  Our challenge this week is brought to us by our hostess Makiko. Her challenge is Opposites Attract! She is asking us to "Use the same image and make two cards/projects with two totally different looks, styles,  themes or colors. For example, you can make one card CAS and one with lots of layers, one feminine and one masculine, monochromatic and lots of colors, for a child and adult, for birthday and sympathy, etc. Anyway you think they are totally different or opposite."
To make my two totally different style cards,  I decided to use the Flourishes stamp set "Warm Winter Wishes" as it is very cold here in Ohio and we are thinking about snow.
My first card I made with the Snowman image is a very Clean And Simple (CAS) card. I made it one layer ...that's as simple as it can get! I stamped the snowman directly onto white card stock and used a die to give an embossed design around the image. Colored the image with Copics ( pastel theme used)  and stamped on some snowflakes and the sentiment. I scored some lines on the edges to give a bit more texture. Added some white stickles to finish.
Stamps: Flourishes "Warm Winter Wishes"
Paper: White Card Stock from Stash
Ink: Memento London Fog Pad, Rich Cocoa Marker, Black Marker
Copics: B000, 01,04, C00,01, R20,24, Y38, YR0000
Scor-Pad
Die: Spellbinders Classic Keyhole Template made for Flourishes

Now for my second card, this was definitely not a CAS card.  I used lots of layers, pattern papers, a bright color theme, and embellishments. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop blog as inspiration for the design.
 

Supplies for second card:
Stamps: Flourishes same as first card "Warm Winter Wishes"
Paper: BasicGrey Jovial Paper pad
           Red Card Stock from stash
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Rich  Cocoa
          Ranger Distress Inks Tea Dye (sponged on embossing)
Copics: R24, 49, C00, 01,Y26, 28, 38
Sakura Clear Star Pen
Stickles Crystal
Dies: Sizzix  Snowflakes, Spellbinders Classic Circle
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Snowflakes
Ribbon: American Crafts Snowmen
Gems: Hero Arts

Check out what the Timeless Tuesday Team has created for this challenge.

Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Each week Flourishes draws one lucky name for a $10 gift code to the Flourishes store!
Challenges to enter:
Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful: The Beauty of Winter-open to a holiday or winter themed creation.

The Sweet Stop: Use the sketch shown below.


Thanks for droppng by. I hope you decide to play at Timeless Tuesday this week.
Theresa 

27 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow! These are Both So Pretty! Love the completely different looks of each card too! Great take on the sketch too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both are totally awesome! I really love the one with all the layers... so much wonderful detail!

Olga said...

both are gorgeous!!!!! I guess I'll vote for the second one, you know me and layers!!!!

Patti P. said...

What a wonderful job on these!! Your CAS looks crisp and cold, but love all of the added texture you got in this one layer! Your warm, layered card uses some beautiful papers and the coloring is so pretty, (loving that snowman ribbon). Tfs and have a wonderful day!
hugs, Patti

Karen W said...

Darling cards and great take on the challenge!

Beate said...

Theresa, both cards look wonderful!

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful cards, Theresa! Love seeing your work featured on the Timeless Tuesday blog!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What darling cards Theresa! Love how you showcased that adorable snowman!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wonderful card, Theresa!

Makiko Jones said...

FAB-ulous!!! You nailed the challenge Theresa! I love both of the styles and looks! Beautifully done!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Both cards are so pretty Theresa. Love the sweet image and the colors. the papers are really nice on the second card, but the white looks awesome too with the snowflakes. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o) Congrats on being the GDT this month.

Tanya said...

These are beautiful! I love that snowman, I still need to pick him up.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, I just LOVE the two different styles you used for these sweet snowman cards, Theresa. Gorgeous and fun!

Kary said...

Both cards are terrific!! I really like both of them, such different styles but both are gorgeous. Great job!!

Cheri said...

These are adorable, Theresa! Congrats on being guest DT at Flourishes!

Anne said...

Lovely cards.. they could acutally be in the same set.. love how you made them both christmas yet so different..thanks for sharing.

ChristineCreations said...

I just LOVE the contrasts in your two cards. Awesome creations!

Payne Holler Cards said...

super big congrats on the Guest DT spot! and you nailed this challenge - love them both - your creative talent really shines with them both so cute and so different (-:

Vickie O'Dell said...

I'm partial to your colorful snowman, but I loved the way you embossed your CAS card and added the snowflakes. That really set it off.

Cindy Haffner said...

Just FABULOUS Theresa!

Cheryl said...

Both cards are pretty, but the intense one is my favorite. It just looks so friendly!

Heather said...

These cards are so cute and fun! The snowman is just adorable. And I love how completely different both cards are.

Amanda said...

Oh My Gracious, I love your snowmen (Yet ANOTHER set I NEED to have!)! You did a super fabulous card duo and I love them both!! I can't wait to see what you have for us next week :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love how you used such contrasting colour schemes... these look great!

Kathy said...

These are so opposite...great take on the challenge!!! The snowman is so cute and beautifully colored! Congrats for being a Guest Designer! Blessings! Kathy

Deanna said...

Very Beautiful cards! Made me wish even more for some snow! Like a real "white" Christmas! :) God Bless you

Kathy Jones said...

Both cards are fabulous with completely different looks!!! Awesome inspiration!! Thanks to much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!