Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 149

Welcome. This is my third and final week as Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Guest Designer.  I have had so much fun and thanks to all the Design Team for being so friendly and having me as a part of their talented group.
This week  Beate is the hostess, and the challenge is to use the Telescoping Image technique. "Stamp your image two or three times (I did four) and cut it smaller every time for a layered look." Check here for a great tutorial by Beate. I have never used this technique but I always enjoy trying something new!



Side view to show layers
This card, using  one of my very favorite Flourishes Sets "Zinnias", is my thank you to the  Timeless Tuesday  DT.  I stamped the bouquet image four times on White Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black and then cut in graduating sizes with circle dies. I colored the image with Copics, Glaze Pens, and added Glossy Effects to the bowl. On the white card base, I layered an embossed mat and attached a Pink Doily.  I embellished with a double layer of ribbon and placed the telescoping image (assembled with dimensionals) on the card. I finished with a sentiment tag on a loop of ribbon and a bit of bling. I also did the inside simply with a  doily and sentiment. See photo lower left.

Check out what the Timeless Tuesday Team has created for this challenge:
Beate Johns
Cindy Haffner
Heather Jensen
Makiko Jones
Mona Pendleton
Silke Ledlow
Tammy Hershberger

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes "Zinnias"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Bamboo Leaves, SU Pixie Pink

Copics: BG 10,15, C00,01, G21,82, R81,83,85,Y02
Sakura Yellow and Pink Glaze Pens
Papers: Flourishes Classic White, Pink CS from stash
            BasicGrey Olivia Paper pad
Nesties Circle Dies
Cheery Lynn Doily Dies English Tea Party, French Pastry
Spellbinder Label Die from Classic Keyhole made for  Flourishes
Cuttlebug EF Victoria
Ribbon: Yellow Grosgrain, Yellow Organdy from Stash
Glitter Dome from stash
Ranger Glossy Accents

There will not be a Timeless Tuesday challenge on December 27th next week. Thanks for coming by.
I love hearing from you. Theresa
Happy Holidays to everyone.

16 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

Theresa your Zinnia's are so pretty. The image worked out very nice for this technique. :)
Hugs~

Amanda said...

Theresa, you are so talented! I love how your Zinnia's turned out! And I love that gorgeous doily on the inside and out - Perfection!

I am so glad you were picked as a GDT Member, I really got some great ideas from you! I hope to see you as GDT soon :)

Karen W said...

Beautiful card and the image is great for this. I love seeing all the different stamps that work so well for this challenge, can't wait to get inky and play along.

Betty Benton said...

Such a stunning card, Theresa! The flowers are beautiful enough to have come directly from your garden!

Olga said...

Theresa this is beautiful!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW-ers girl, just GORGEOUS!! Happy Holidays!!~

Beate said...

Tammy, your card is gorgeous inside and out! Thanks so much for being the guest designer for December. It was a joy to participate in the same team as you.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs and smiles

Colleen said...

Teresa,
Yours turned out fantastic, I love the image you chose. I just started looking at Flourishes sets. I don't really have any yet. I have a wish list there and hope to start ordering in January. Betty turned me on to them.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Theresa! What a beautiful card! Love your sample for the challenge! Those flowers look fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with FTT :) Happy Holidays!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Wow what an awesome card that you did thanks for showing use.

Makiko Jones said...

Such a pretty card Theresa!! The image is so wonderful for the telescoping and I love your beautiful coloring! So glad you joined with us this month. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations! Happy Holidays!

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, wow this is stunning!!Beautiful job!!!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, you even did the inside beautifully! Gorgeous work. ;)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful card!

gg nurse said...

Such a pretty card--love the doily!