Friday, December 2, 2011

Back ln Blogland

Good morning. I have been away from Blogland for a few days and am trying to get back in the groove of making cards and posting for some challenges. I have missed visiting and commenting with my friends in cyberland. I have been traveling and visiting family and then busy with making some Christmas cards for my Mother, other family members, and of course for myself. I just had to take time to make this card with some new stamps from Mark's Finest Papers. I colored the Red-Breasted Nuthatch with Copics and Pencils, the cones with Copics, and the branches with Memento marker Bamboo Leaves after stamping with Memento Rich Cocoa. Stamps are from "Greetings of the Season" and  "Mini Nuthatch".  I love using outdoors scenes and birds in cards for men...seem to be more masculine in theme. Finished this with Dark Green Card Base and mats of White and Brown. Added some snow on cones and branches with Stickles.
Challenges:
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge: Make it Masculine
Craft Your Passion Challenge: Tis the Season....anything holiday or winter related
Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge is "a masculine holiday card."
Simon Says: Anything Goes

Glad to be back blogging. Now I must get my Christmas decorations out and in place. Why do I feel so behind? Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you.
Theresa
PS: Check out some of my bears on the sidebar.

11 comments:

Olga said...

sounds like you had a nice break from blogging, glad you are back and with such a gorgeous card!!!! Have fun putting up your Christmas decorations!

Patti P. said...

Hi Theresa, thanks for your kind words and prayers. Your coloring on this is fabulous and I love this beautiful scene. Al's picture is beautiful, love your winter blog look. I loved seeing your bears, I have some of the Boyd's plush but my main collection is more of the resin. Have fun decorating, I have the outside finished and inside except for my tree. I hope to address and check my cards this weekend and get some commission work finished...then time to enjoy and bake!
Have a great day, Patti

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally awesome my friend! So nice to have you back! Take a deep breath.... here comes the holidays!

Barbara Colbert said...

What a beautiful job of coloring! A great job with this nuthatch set! Thanks for sharing with Speedy the Cat's Challenge.

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card and beautiful images.Thanks for sharing this with us at Craft your Passion this week.xxx

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card, Theresa. Perfect image for a New Years card. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion 'Tis the Season Challenge this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous masculine card, Theresa! Fantastic coloring and I love the simple design. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie TT DT

Carla S. said...

Glad to see you back, Theresa! What a gorgeous card! I love the images and your coloring is wonderful!

Pat Garvin said...

Great card. I love that image. Thanks for joining speedy the Cats Friends.

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the image and simple elegance of your card, SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
Hugs,
Chris

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, adorable image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby