Monday, December 5, 2011

Amaryllis for Christmas

The Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes is a Recipe Challenge from Cindy to include in your creation a flower, ribbon and a tag!  I decided to use the Amaryllis Stamp from the set "A Year In Flowers  3".  The Amaryllis is such a lovely flower for the holidays. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black on Flourishes Classic White  CS and colored in Copics. This was cut with Nesties circle die and placed on a Red CS Mat cut with Nesties Scalloped Circle die. I used a card base of the White CS with a Mat of Authentique Wonder Checked Paper. Befor adding the Satin Ribbon, I embossed it with Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls for some texture. Finished with a tag stamped with sentiment from "Paperwhites" stamp set and a flower purchased by a member of my stamp club. I used a sketch from Our Creative Corner.
Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #146: Recipe Challenge
Our Creative Corner: "Haul Out the Holly...It's Time to Decorate!" Challenge.  Use this very basic sketch, and "decorate" it! Sketch shown on left.
Scrap Creations: Show Christmas card
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Anything Goes

I have all my Christmas cards ready to address and get in the mail but first I am trying to get my decorations finished.  I always have a bad case of the But First disease at this time of the year. Do you ever suffer from that?


 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!!~

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Wonderful coloring of the amaryllis!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gosh I hate the but first disease... I am a victim of the same ailment! Super pretty card GF!

Olga said...

gorgeous!!!!

Heather Jensen said...

So pretty Theresa. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Theresa! Perfect take on the challenge...thanks for playing along :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Theresa! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love that you made a scalloped border around the circle! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

clare said...

another lovely xmas card, very elegant. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x