Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Sweets Challenge

I am back again with a card for the Flourishes second noon time challenge which is a color challenge of red, white, and soft green.  Our inspiration is to be the ever-so-tasty cupcake tower shown in the graphic. Remember the winner receives the entire Flourishes November release but be quick as the challenge closes today at 5PM EST.
I used the "Holly Background" ( just happened to be on my desk) and stamped it in Memento Bamboo Leaves on  GKD White CS and colored the berries with Sakura Glaze Pen. I edged this with Pilot Gold marker and matted on White CS and attached to the base of Red CS. For the focus, I stamped Flourishes "Rejoice" with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Memento Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves Markers. This I cut with Spellbinders Die and edged with the gold marker. Added the red glaze to the berries. I really like the softness of the green ...seems like I usually use a deeper green for Christmas.  This is my entry for "Christmas Sweets".


I love all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Haven't these challenges been fun? I like your holly background and the Rejoice stamp -- good luck!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow... totally gorgeous! Christmas card perfection! You sure nailed the color challenge!