Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge

I am back for a third post of a Flourishes Challenge.  This challenge is to make a card round like a wreath using Flourishes Stamps. I made my round card actually using a wreath stamp from Flourishes "Wreaths for All Seasons". This was, in a way, an experimental card since I never attempted one quite like this.....It kind of turned out looking like a compact so I am calling it a compact card. I used the largest Spellbinders Lacey Circle Die to cut the top in Metallic Gold CS. I threaded red ribbon from stash around the edge. Added a circle of red CS cut with nesties Circle Die. I stamped and embossed a sentiment from "Doves and Holly" set curving the stamp to fit on the edge of the red mat. I stamped the wreath on the Gold CS with versamark and embossed with clear EP. I colored the balls on the wreath with metallic gold and silver markers and red and green glaze pens. This was kind of an iffy technique but it did dry and created a stained glass look. I cut out the wreath and attached with pop up dots. Finished with a bow made with a stamp from the wreath set. For the inside, I cut a folded circle (with a hinge) and attached to the back of circle with image. Stamped sentiment inside from "Paperwhites" set.

Challenge Link:
Christmas Spirit Challenge 19

 Thanks for dropping by.
Theresa

5 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I like how you did your hinge behind the card front, allowing for a full circle on the front! Will have to remember that for the future!

Olga said...

gorgeous, you are so clever!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very cool creation... creative genius I tell ya!

stacy mrogan said...

This turned out so cool and beautiful. Way to go thinking outside the box with the SB shape. Beautiful with the gold and great wreath.

gg nurse said...

Beautiful red & gold card!