Monday, November 14, 2011

Bloopers Covered Up!

I enjoyed doing the double embossing technique for a Timeless Tuesday challenge so much that I made another one and included a frame around the image. This seemed to be the card that was not meant to be....I had so many mishaps....but I persevered and it came to be.  Just to tell a few bloopers (not telling all) - not only did I stamp the sentiment upside down directly below the image, but I messed up one of the blossoms when I embossed with EP. Solutions: Just restamped the sentiment, cut it with a die and attached over the mistake. Restamped the flowers, embossed correctly and cut out a couple blooms to cover up mistake. Result was
more dimension and texture.

Challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Christmas Card
Fab 'n' Funky: It's all white in the night. Use white as your main focal color and one other accent color only. Green is my accent.
Truly Scrumptious: Bingo Time. I used middle row down-Gems(pearls),  Flowers(Stamp), and Die cuts/Punch
Prairie Fairy Friday: No black lines. Love how this came out using Memento London Fog ink to stamp the image. Also used for the sentiment. Will be doing this more.
Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Paperwhites Set

Papers: Bazzill Texture Green CS and GKD White
Ink: Memento London Fog and Versamark Pen
Zing Clear EP
Pencils: Koh-I-nor Greens
Gems: Annabelle Pearls
Punch: EK Success Corner punch
Nesties Oval Dies and Label 4
Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes
Thanks for stooping by. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love your creative solutions to the problems!! This is a very pretty card; and I'm going to have to pick up some Momento London Fog ink when I get to Houston!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Thersa :-) the image is beautiful and the white on white is stunning :-)

well done on covering up mistakes ,,,it happens to most of us I think ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

I am not sure if this was an incorrect link as I saw a card entered into the PTW when I scrolled down, this is good too though so please just mention the challenge in your post and maybe re link the other one too :-) x

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~

The Other Patti Sue said...

It may not be what you intended but it sure is pretty!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous and very elegant card! You covered up the mistakes very well. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious, hugs, Marlies

Patti P. said...

oh no, we don't have to start telling our mistakes do we???? Great save on this one and no one but you would have ever know. Love the softness you've achieved with this.

lisbeth said...

Love your card. thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

Tracey Brossart said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our No Black Lines challenge! Good Luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/FFF-DT xx