Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bears Give the Best Hugs


I can not believe it is November and Christmas is fast approaching.  I am now turning my thoughts to Christmas cards.  I love this stamp of bears hugging  and the pattern papers both that I bought at Michelle's Scrapbooking and More Shop at Hartville Market Place but are also available at her online store. ( This is an unsolicted endorsement.)  The Pixie Cottage has 2 parts to their challenge and you can choose either or both to play along with. They have a sketch and/or  theme that is "Go For Gold" .  I decided to combine the 2 using the sketch shown aboveand used gold elements of metallic card stock as a mat on the base card of green cs but that does not show very well. I also gold embossed the image of  "You Give the Best Hugs",  The Pixie Cottage stamp and the sentiment from Creative Clear Stamps. I used strips of pattern paper from Authentique pad "Wonder".  I tried to show the sentiment as if the bear is holding it as a banner.Finished with some Annabelle's Red Sprinkles. You may be able to see the Gold Metallic CS better if you click the photo to enlarge.
Challenges:
The Pixie Cottage: Sketch or Theme of Go for the Gold
Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes.
Cards for Men: Use an animal on a card.
Charisma Cardz: Anything Goes.
Jingle Belles: Us a creature on a Christmas Card.
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge:  Make a card for someone special. My husband loves his Teddy Bears and hugs so this card is specially made for him.
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything goes plus a little bling. The sprinkles are my bling.

Time to start preparing cards for Christmas and make a gift list.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

11 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable... love the image and that paper is to die for!

Vee said...

This is so sweet!I just love bears.... Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Hazel said...

This is delightful - I'm sure your husband will love it - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 44 - hope to see you again soon. x

CraftinGranny said...

Now who gives better hugs than these 2 adorable bears. It's a great card and I'm sure your hubby will love it. "Hugs"

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and colour choice. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Olga said...

ah, how adorable!!!! Fantastic sketch you follwed too!

SmilynStef said...

Love those fun little holiday bear ... so glad you joined our creature feature at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

What an adorable pair of Christmas bears! Such a very sweet & appealing holiday card!

Jenny said...

A lovely card and cute image.
Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
Jenny

Tanya R said...

What a cute cute card! Thanks for playing with the Pixies for our Make a Christmas Card challenge!
Hugs
Tanya

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,love the sweet image...Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you next time...
Mandy x