Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge

This month's Christmas Spirit Challenge at Flourishes is "Shiny Like a Piece of Candy".
Make your card shine or something on your card shine like fresh candy. Please use Flourishes stamps and link up on the SCS Christmas Spirit Challenge 18 thread!
This is the second card that I made for this challenge. The first one is in the post here which I also entered into the Heavy Metal Challenge.
I remembered having this old Candy Cane Pattern Paper and thought of it when I first saw the graphic for this challenge.  I finally came up with this design. I first embossed the two Candy Canes using a Versamark Pen and heat embossed with Clear EP. Can you see the shiny canes? I stamped the Snowman from Flourishes "Warm Winter Wishes" and colored it with Red Copics and then heat embossed the entire image with Clear EP to give shine. I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the snow. I cut with Nesties oval and attached to the card made with the Candy Cane Paper. I kept this simple with no other embellishments to let the shine, well, shine!
Check here for more about this Christmas Spirit Challenge:
FLLCNOEL18

Sometimes things come very simply once you have an idea.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I've been waiting to see what you'd make for this challenge. This snowman is adorable. Am off to check on your other card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

It's a shiny one for sure... your candy canes look good enough to eat!