Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some Heavy Metal for Flourishes

Are you ready to rock? Flourishes is kicking off their new release with some heavy metal.  Their Release Week Challenge is all about the shine and glitz that metallic can bring during the holidays. So play along and show some silver, gold, copper, or bronze on your creation!  Just that simple — use a little metal on your card and you’re in the running. I selected to use gold on my entry. I stamped the Flourishes stamp "Rejoice" with versamark and embossed with Gold EP. Added some red and green jewel highlights to the design with glaze pens. I rounded the corners with a punch and added Gold Metal brads to the corners. I attached the image to Gold Metallic CS base and finished with ribbon and a bow with Gold Metallic thread.

Challenges:
Flourishes Heavy Metal Challenge: FLLCOCT11
Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge 18 at SCS Check details here.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa




3 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty -- love the addition of the red ribbon with the GOLD METALLIC thread!! Perfect pop of color but still in the metal category!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super, super elegant! Good luck with the challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

I think this is such an elegant set. You've used it beautifully Theresa! Lovely elegance! Thanks for playing with us at Flourishes!