Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snowy Winter Day

The challenge at Joan's involves a technique used by Joan. The entire challenge is to use Selma's new technique, use a combination of colors, use a tree, and use a flourish.  The technique gives a snowy effect to the background. Complete directions are at Selma's blog here. My snow is not as good as the effect on Selma's card so I will have to practice more with the misting. But I think it is good enough for an entry for the challenge....just wish I had more snow? I used GKD Stamp "Life is Good"  for the background and foreground trees and used distress inks Tumbled Glass and Broken China. The sentiment stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Silver EP is from Creative Clear Stamps. The flourish is cut with a Tim Holtz Die (belongs to my friend)  from metallic Silver CS. I edged the image layer with Pilot Marker Silver pen before adhering to a card base of Glossy White CS same as the image was stamped. I really like this card but I had a hard time photographing with the metallic elements and having my snow show up.
Other supplies: Versamark, White EP, Water Mister, Embossing Buddy
Challenges: Joan's Gardens- use Selma's snowy technique and othe elements listed above.
                  CRAFTS AND ME:  Theme is Winter Blues.
                
Today looks  like the Winter Blues are on the way!
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is amazing! Super,super pretty!

Georgei said...

wow I like this alot we can see the snow
you did very good
beautiful

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty card, Theresa. You did an excellent job on this challenge. Love that flourish die!

Linda B said...

This is really pretty... love your colors!

Selma said...

Theresa your card is beautiful. You did a fantastic job with my technique. Your trees really have a lot of depth. If you still want more snow, you can still go back and lightly mist it again and it will create more snow - just go slow. I misted mine several times. Thank you for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Olga said...

you aced this one, hope I get time to play after while!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Beautiful job Theresa!

redwasher1 said...

Awesome job on this technique!! Love the silver edging too!!

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Theresa! The colors are gorgeous and you did a great job.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly challenge. I love your card!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com