Monday, October 3, 2011

Sketch Challenge with Sunflower

I made this card using a challenge and sketch that I saw on my cyber friend Betty's blog a few days ago and decided to visit the site The House that Stamps Built.
I used the black magic technique of stamping with white pigment ink on black CS and colring the image with pencils. I used a GKD sunflower stamp for my focus image and layered it on black and green mats cut with Nesties. The card base is GKD Leather CS embossed with Cuttlebug EF Diamond Plate. Used Green dot pattern paper  and solid green on side layer cut with Spellbinders Label 1. Finished with sentiment stamped in Memento Bamboo Leaves on scalloped square and green rhinestone.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: What IF? Wednesday Sketch Challenge S211 shown on left
Paper Sundaes: Lots of layers

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I love this Theresa! That sunflower just grabbed my eye immediatelly and pulled me into your card! Beautiful -- goes perfectly with all the flower pictures on your blog!

Olga said...

Theresa this is beyond gorgeous, I haven't done that black magic before but your card makes me want to try!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I wanna try too... will you teach Olga and I? This is stunning! Love the layout and LOVE the sunflower!

sara said...

great card thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x