Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Serving Another Cup of Tea

Sometimes when I make a card that I like, I will make another similar one but different. This is another one that I made using the Paper Cupcake digital image called "Teacup with Roses". This time I printed the image and cut out with Nesties circle die.  I colored the cup and roses with Copics, markers, and pencils and did some creative inking and sponging on the edge. I placed the image on a doily for a vintage look and used a mat of lavender digital paper that I printed and embossed with Cuttlebug EF "Kassie's Brocade".  I then sanded the embossed surface to distress and bring out the design in white. Used a corner punch on top corners and added a sheer organdy ribbon with bow to finish. The base card is a shiny CS that loks very pretty under the lavender paper. Entering this for a second entry at Sugar Creek Hollow, where we are to create a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card featuring vintage tea pots and cups. Once I see the photo, I think this card cries out for pearls...will add some before mailing. 
Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Challenge is Vintage Tea
Digi Doodle Shop: Challenge is Lavendar and Lace
Allsorts Challenge: Lavender and Lace
The Ribbon Girl : Color Challenge #12 is Lilac and Green.
Lollipop Crafts: Challenge-No sentiment allowed.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

20 comments:

Sonia said...

Lovely card! I like the colour, the doily.. great creation.
Thanks for joining us at LOLLIPOP CRAFTS this week.
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

CraftinGranny said...

So pretty Theresa and creative. Love the colors as they are my fav. Your last post is also gorgeous. "Hugs"

bettand said...

Again a beautifully created lavender card with such a lovely design. Love how you've used the doily behind the pic and rounded the corners. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

craftybunny said...

Another beautiful card.Love the sanded embossing. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Inger said...

This is such a beautiful card in lovely colours Theresa!!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card, Theresa. Doily goes great with the embossed background. Congrats on your win at For Fun Challenges!

Julie said...

Such a lovely and feminine card. Thanks for joining us in our lavendar and lace challenge at DDS.
Hugs,
Julie

Linda said...

That doily works perfectly with the teacup and saucer. The sponged distress inks on the embossed paper is utterly beautiful. Reminds me of my grandma's house.

Linda said...

So sorry I clicked before I was finished. I wanted to tell you the organdy ribbon and double bow add the perfect highlight color too! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge this week.

Starla B. said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love that doily! Thanks so much for playing with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week!

xx Star

Liva said...

Oh this one is very lovely as well!
Liva ❤

Ribbon Girl said...

Always room for another cuppa! Like the round centre treatment on this one. Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary G x

brenda said...

It's gorgoues Theresa, but know just what you mean about pearls, they sort of lend themselves to the style.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts and joining in my Lavender and Lace theme.

B x

Sue W said...

Beautiful Theresa........love the colour and your embossing too!

WeirdCat said...

Another lovely card, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x

Olga said...

a hot cup of tea sounds great, almost as great as your gorgeous card!

Heide said...

What a lovely card, we both went with the purple theme. LOL! So glad you could join us at SCH for our tea party.
Hugs, Heide

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love your 2nd cup of tea too... the lavender is just lovely!

Patti P. said...

This is so pretty...I love the image and your distressed embossing is so wonderful with this card. You enjoy your win at Digi Doodles and I will look forward to seeing what you get (I bought some of the digis, and they are having a freebie with a $5 purchase if it is still on...they have some cute ones) Glad you found the blogs through my post today and good luck.
Thanks for playing at Sugar Creek Hollow and now off to see your other card.

Patti SCH/DT

marsha said...

Beautiful tea cup! Love the embossing, doily and that gorgeous lavender. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge.
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT