Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make Everyday Beautiful


Can you believe all the snow in the northeast and  it's still October...at least we have not had any here in Ohio. I made this quick card for a couple of challenges to use pink. I printed the image "Softly Afloat" from Paper Cupcakes, one I have used many times. I colored the image in Pink and Black with Copics and a Black Glaze Pen. The image is on a mat of Black CS which I also used as the base. Added a mat of Floral Patterned Paper from my stash. Added a border of punched scallops (EK punch) and a strip of embossed (EF Polka Dots) pink paper sponged lightly with Memento London fog.  Placed a couple of Black Pearls in the corner. Finished with a ticket from Paper Cupcakes "Variety Sayings".
Challenges:
There's Magic in the Air: Tammy challenges us to use Pink and Black.
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Melissa asks us to 1) add some pink; 2) participate in a maximum of two other challenges; 3) play with our sketch. I flipped the sketch for a horizontal card
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

It's as beautiful as your sentiment!

Olga said...

fantastic card!!! I have that image, need to pull it up and create!!!

Jessica G. said...

Sweet image and great spin on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenges and hope to see you again next week!!

Dawn said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

What a great card! I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Love the colors and that sentiment is perfect!

Theresa said...

Hi Theresa, I love your card. The flowers are adorable and I love the ticket. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love how you flipped the sketch. Thanks, for joining us in the "There's Magic in The Air" challenge.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love those colors and that ticket is great! wonderful card (-:

Sonia said...

Beautiful Creation!
Thanks for joining at TMITA-Paper Cupcakes
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60