Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mr. Straw Counts His Blessings

I made this card for the challenge of "Colours of Fall" at Delightful Challenges and used one of their Digital Delights "Mr. Straw" which I had never inked up but have had in my files for some time. I colored him with pencils and markers and cut out with Nesties Labels 1 and sponged the edge with Wild Honey Distress ink. I used Orange CS base, some Bluesky CS mat and a stripe CS of Fall Colors. Did some embossing for texture and added a leaf that I stamped, colored and cut out for another touch of fall.  The sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers is stamped in versamark and embossed with Zing Chestnut EP. Added a bit of green raffia for scarf.

 This card is nothing like I started to make....I printed the image larger that I meant to but just kept working with enlarging the entire design  until I like the proportions. 
Challenges:
Delightful Challenges: Colours of Fall
Digital Tuesday: Use fall colors.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

this is adorable, love that image!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another super adorable fall card! Cute,cute image!

Betty Benton said...

Darling card! That little guy is super delightful!

sallysbitz said...

This is brilliant. Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com