Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Fall of A Leaf.....

I can't seem to leave stamping leaves without doing another card.  So I am back using some more GKD stamps, this time from "A Year of Leaves" set by Melanie.  This was for  practice of doing a sponged background with Distress Inks, but still need to practice for a more smooth look. After sponging, I stamped 3 leaves on the CS and stamped another to cut out for above the ribbon. I used a combo of markers and reinkers in fall colors to color the stamp....just played with getting different looks. I used Kraft CS as card base , added some fall ribbon from stash, and stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Chestnut EP. 
Challenges:
Stamp TV Mix it Up Monday: Focus on fall foliage.
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Let's see those leaves.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Color Combo Challenge-Fall Colours.
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays: Falling For You-Anything with Leaves.

Will leave you for a while before I return with another card. Maybe I will go rake a few leaves now, but it may be too wet.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I would have to "leaf" without posting a comment! Great card -- I see you have another post ahead of this one with more leaves -- headed there now!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the sentiment on it.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY~

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Great sponging technique! It's something that I want to try too.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles Leaves Challenge!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Olga said...

what a beautiful fall card!!!!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Theresa

What a great card with a nice autumnal feel - lovely!

Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Linda said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at SSDS with your lovely card.
Hugs,
Linda
Scrapcat Cards by Linda