Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Leaves Against the Autumn Sky

The Timeless Tuesday challenge is Trees & Leaves –Use a tree/leaf image(s)/element. Try not to use flowers as a focal point for your creation for the challenge. This was a bit of a challenge for me as I wanted to use Flourishes stamps for my card. Most of my Flourishes stamps are floral. After searching my stamps, I found a leafy branch in the set "Humming Around" and designed my card "around" it.  I stamped the branch 4 times using versamark and embossed with Ranger Pearl Gold EP.....first time to use the Pearl EP and really like the effect. I used a blue CS from my stash which showed off the embossing. Reminds me of looking through the fall leaves on a tree when the sky is so blue on an autumn day. I colored the leaves with Copics R24 and YR65 and then added more color with red, orange, and green  pencils. I stamped the sentiment "Happy Hello" from Flourishes "Taglines" also with versamark and the same EP....should have used the Copper EP so sentiment would have shown better in the photo. Oh well!! Next time. I then sponged the CS with Wild Honey Distress Ink adding a bit more around the sentiment so that it would show in the photo.  I punched 2 corners with a corner punch and attached ribbon to the left edge. This green satin ribbon with copper leaves has been in my stash several years. I used a Copper Metallic CS as the base. I love all the metallic elements in this design but that makes for a challenge to photograph!!  I had to take several photos before I finally had one to post. But the photo still does not do justice to the card. Much better in real life. I think I came up with a card that qualifies for the Timeless Tuesday challenge as well as a few others.
Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday: The challenge is Trees and Leaves.
One Stop Craft Challenge:  No Designer Paper
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Challenge #34 is Fun 4 Fall and ribbon.
Prairie Fairy Fridays: Challenge is wet/heat embossing
The fall leaves are falling quickly here with all the rain that we have been having.
The color show will soon be ended.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing, Theresa, and have a great day!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh... I love it, so pretty!

Beverly said...

Wow! What a lovely fall card. Pretty colors.
Thanks for playing with us at Fairy Fun Fridays.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Theresa! Thanks for playing along with FTTC :)

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Lovely card! That's such a beautiful leaf image. Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous Theresa! The gold embossing is perfect !!! Thank you for playing along with us...hugs ~S~

Makiko Jones said...

Wow! This is so beautiful Theresa! I love the shades of leaves and gold embossing. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC!

Lori said...

Such a fine example of embossing and I love the fall tones, thanks so much for joining us at Prairie Fairy Fridays and good luck!