Friday, October 28, 2011

Cornucopia for Thanksgiving

I have long been a fan of Nina and her images at Paper Cupcakes and her challenges at There's Magic in the Air. I was thrilled to see that she is the sponsor this week at Sugar Creek Hollow and chose one of her images for the card that I made for their challenge. The challenge this week is to preserve the colors of fall by making a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card.  I used the image Cornucopia that I colored in Copics of fall colors and sponged the image with distress inks Antique Linen and Tea Dye. Added a sentiment from MFP's Country Thanksgiving stamped in Tea Dye .....think this font has a vintage look. To add more of a vintage feel, I placed the cut image on a torn rice paper mat. At least I think it is some kind of rice paper found in my stash that I had been saving. My card base is GKD's Pumpkin Spice CS that I distressed with scissors and sponged with the distress inks.To the base, I added a mat of parchment paper embossed with Victoria EF and also aged with distress ink. Distressed the edges with scissors. Added this very vintage looking and very old ribbon...at least I have it for a long time....to finish my design. I have used this image many times but this is my first card using it for this season.

Challenge Link:
Sugar Creek Hollow 

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So awesome... your coloring is amazing, love the fall colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

SO PRETTY!!~