Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas Card in Gold and Red

For the challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Blog this week,  Hazel would like us to make a card that includes at least one bauble or something that hangs.  I made this card by making another ornament to hang on the card using the same design as I used for another ornament. Rather than my repeating all the directions, please see all the details and supplies used for the hanging ornament at this post.
My card  is a 5.5" square of GKD Cranberry Tart CS that I embossed a part using Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade to create a frame for the ornament. I also scored some lines to outline the embossed portion. I heat embossed a sentiment from Annabelle's "Stamped for Christmas" using versamark and Gold EP. Added some gold bling gems and a Gold Metallic Ribbon. I attached the finished ornament tied with a Gold Metallic bow for hanging with double  side  removable tape so it can be removed for hanging by the recipient.
Other Challenge to enter:
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Theme is embossing. I used both heat and dry.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Hazel said...

This is so classy and elegant - I love it - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 42 - hope to see you again for the new challenge that starts tomorrow morning x

Betty Benton said...

Love the idea of sending an ornament along with a card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely stunning... so elegant and what a great idea!

Patti P. said...

Stunning!! Love your colors and the added gift is just fabulous!! Love the embossing, so elegant.