Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blue Christmas for Phindy

At Phindy's Place the challenge is Blue Christmas. I thought the "Improve With Age" image was a great choice to use for my card. I colored the image with Copics and cut it out and used a Webster's Page from "Waiting for Santa & Sweet Season" petite papers as the background that I embossed with CB EF Divine Swirls and sponged with blue distress inks. Added some liquid pearls to the mistletoe.  Added a Christmas sentiment from Creative Clear Stamps embossed in gold EP. Used a Blue CS from my stash as the base.  Used Clearstar pen to add some highlights. I love this happy loving couple as my focus all dressed up in blues.

Hope this card makes someone smile.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Great pairing of the image and DP! I just used that same paper today! The embossing adds just the right extra touch!

Phindy said...

Theresa, this is a wonderful card! I love the whimsical scene you have created, a great way to use this image. Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place this week!

Olga said...

Totally beautiful!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is just wonderful, Theresa!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a fun and festive Christmas card GF!

uksharon said...

Great sentiment and image - makes a wonderful Christmas card.
Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week and good luck in the draw.
Best wishes, Sharon

Cec said...

Great card and lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is just adorable - pops right out of the gallery!
thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place (-: