Thursday, September 29, 2011

That Old Black Magic Has Me In a Spell

Listen to "That Old Black Magic" by Sinatra here. 
A little Black Magic helped out with this card. Last week I read about the Black Magic Technique from Donna's challenge at STV. She said "basically you stamp a solid image using a white pigment ink pad on black cardstock and let the ink dry. Then you use colored pencils over the white ink to bring out vibrant color!"  I just had to give this a try and it was perfect for the challenge at Fussy and Fancy to try a new Technique. This card was the result of my
experimenting. I stamped GKD's Rose from "Pressed Flowers" set by Melanie with Brilliance white ink pad on GKD Black CS. After drying, I colored the image with Koh-I-Noor pencils. I matted the image on a scrap of SU Pattern Paper and used Bazzill Lavendar CS as the base which I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Kassie's Brocade. I added some ribbons and green gems from my stash. To finish, I added a sentiment "Love" using a old PSX stamp on a circle of black matted with a scalloped circle of the lavendar. This design was made using a sketch from Sweet Sunday Challenge.
Challenges:
Fussy and Fancy Friday: Try a new technique. Black magic was used.
The Sweetest Thing: Sweet Sunday Sketch 136
Creatalicious Challenge: Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays: Step out of your comfort zone. Used a new technique.

I enjoy all your comments.
Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

WOW! This is amazing, I'gotta try that, love your card!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

That's totally awesome! Thanks for the inspiration... I MUST give it a try!

Tameko said...

Stunning card. You did a wonderful job with the black magic. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

papertrails leaver said...

such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! Amy