Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Study in Greens

 One of the most difficult cards for me to make is a monochromatic card...I don't know why, but it is.
When I saw this sketch at Lily Pads, it inspired me to make a monochromatic card maybe because it was designed in monochrome gray. Any who, I dug out some Bazzill textured CS in green tones and combined with a Stampin Up pattern paper to create this project. Used a Leaf Stamp and Sentiment from GKD's "A Year of Leaves"  that I stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves to keep everything green.
This a very simple design but pleased with the monochrome color combo.

Challenges to enter:
Lily Pad Sketch Challenge: See sketch below. Fairly simple compared to most of the entries.
Sentimental Sunday: Monochromatic plus a Sentiment.
Truly Scrumptious Challenge: Clean and Simple.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: Hard to make theme. As I said above, monochromatic is hard for me.


Our green leaves are beginning to show some fall colors.
This would me an easy card and layout to make in fall colors as well.

I enjoy all your comments.
Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You do mono very well! This is totally awesome!

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is so pretty! This is a perfect monochromatic card! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Betty Benton said...

This is so gorgeous, Theresa! Over the top beautiful! Makes me want to do another one -- that's such a neat layout! Would be fun to make a set in all different colors -- hey, maybe I'll start with a purple one for Joan's challenge!

Tameko said...

Such a beautiful green monochromatic card. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

Linda B said...

This is so pretty... I love the green. A perfect monochromatic card... job well done!

sara said...

really pretty card thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x

Michele and Josee' said...

Wow! Beautiful card! Could have never convinced me that monochromatic was difficult for you... You did a fabulous job!
Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

Emma H said...

Lovely card, so simple and elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky this week!

Scrappychick said...

Beautiful monochromatic card :) Thanks for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky, we hope to see you again and good luck!
Cyndi

Lin said...

What a beautiful shade of green, so soothing! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!