Monday, September 19, 2011

Mums Are In Bloom

I missed out doing a lot of my favorite challenges last week but will try to get them in this week starting with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge to make a shape card. I used Spellbinders Label 1 to create this shape and cut the image with this die too. I used the chrysanthemum stamp from Flourishes "A Year in Flowers" stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. Added some distress ink Wild Honey around the edge and attached to the card base of Echo Park Paper. Finished with a green bow with copper leaves.  A fairly quick and easy card.
Challenge Link:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: #135 Create a shaped card. Anything other than the regular 41/4″ x 5 1/2″ card size.
Beary Sweet Challenge: Make a  card with a fall or autumn theme. Mums are my favorite fall flower.

Mums are blooming in my gardens and I had to buy some more pots this weekend.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful creation, Theresa!

Olga said...

Gorgeous Mums!!!! The whole card is beautiful!

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous card, Theresa! Lovin' the mums! Thanks for sharing....love your fall background on your blog, too :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous and beautiful fall mums!

Theresa said...

This is gorgeous. I love the distressing. Very well done. Thank you for joining us at FTTC.

Jamie said...

What a pretty card, I love the shape you used! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Beary Scrap

Jamie :):):)
TBS Design Team

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Theresa, this is lovely! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Fall Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan