Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Merry and Bright for Christmas


Joan's Garden Challenges have returned but I missed her first one. This week her second challenge is to create a Christmas Card, create an embossed background using Selma's Technique, use striped designer paper, and  gold emboss your sentiment. Selma's technique is to use an embossing folder and ink the folder before embossing your paper. It has been awhile since I used this technique but I like the results. I used Brilliance Platinum Planet ink with the Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes. I tried several inks before I decided on this one. It gives a very subtle almost shiny effect. Click on photo to see better.  I combined a sketch from The Sweet Stop to create my card.  Using a cranberry card base, I added the embossed background, a striped Pattern Paper, Gold Organza ribbon over a strip of the striped paper, and finished with the Gold Embossed sentiment on an oval of the cranberry CS.  I added the gold star brad for a starstruck element.

Challenges:
Joan's Garden Challenge #2:  Details listed above.
The Sweet Stop: Sketch with a spin of starstruck. See below.
Stamptacular Sunday: Just Saying-create a card with some sort of sentiment/words on the front!
CRAFTS AND ME Challenge: Use some stripes.
Anything Goes Challenge:  Anything Goes

Supplies:
Stamps: Creative Vision "Let it Snow"
Ink: Versamark, Brilliance Platinum Planet
Papers: White CS, GKD Cranberry Tart CS, BasicGrey Figgy Pudding
Pilot Gold Marker, Gold EP
Ribbon and Brad from stash
Nesties Oval Die
Cuttlebug EF Snowflakes

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!!! It's beginning to feel like Christmas with all these Christmas cards LOL

Regena said...

U card is beautiful!!

Cathymac said...

Very pretty, Theresa! Love the texture and the star in the corner...perfect for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Betty Benton said...

Pretty embossed background! Seems like I follow you from challenge to challenge -- haven't done one of Joan's; think I might try this one!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the embossing (both tipe). Great colors and papers. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week.

Selma said...

Your card is beautiful Theresa. You did a great job with the inked embossing folder background. The little star was a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us this week in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

laura said...

LOVE the fall look of your blog! Great card...hugs!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Christmas card! Very nicely done!

Janice M said...

Great Christmas card! It's been awhile since I've inked up any of my CB folders, might have to do that again soon! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

CraftinGranny said...

Little late getting around Theresa and apologize. This card is just prefect for the challenge at Joans and for Anything goes. Love it! So glad you joined us at Anything Goes for this challenge. "Hugs" Carol

Vixykins said...

Fantastic card, love the layout! Thank You for playing my stripes challenge at Crafts & Me x

Kathryn said...

Lovely card, I love the two kinds of embossing you have done, it's so festive! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x