Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mellow Yellow Tilda


At The Pixie Cottage, the challenge this week is a fabulous sketch and the theme is "Mellow Yellow".  You can use the sketch or the optional technique or both. Being adventurous I did both using a Tilda stamp from Magnolia---the first time I have made a card with Tilda.  I purchased the stamp at the new  Michelle's Scrapbooking & More (online here) store in Hartville Marketplace. I colored Tilda in Copics using yellows of course. I re-purposed a GKD stamp as a bench ( really part of a quilt hanger ). Thought she'd look kind of cute sitting there with that lovely paper in the background.
Supplies:
Stamps: Magnolia, GKD, Paper Pretties Sentiment
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, White Gel Pen
Papers:  Bazzill Yellow CS, White CS and Pattern Paper from stash
Ribbon and Sparkle Domes from stash

The Pixie Cottage has some new rubber stamps and blog candy that you can read about here. Of course I just love the new teddy bear stamps. My fave is the one with the 2 bears hugging. Please go and check out the stamps and candy. The candy ends September 18th.
Sketch that I used is shown to the left.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Olga said...

so cute!!! Love the colors and your coloring!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super cute! Now I have the song mellow yellow stuck in my head (0=

CraftinGranny said...

She does look adorable Theresa. Great colors! Wasn't there a song titled mellow yellow? At least I'm wanting to sing one in my head but can't remember it.......LOL "Hugs" Carol

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Theresa! Very creative use of the quilt hanger as a bench! Cute image and terrific coloring!

Sadilla said...

that's very pretty, and Tilda look great! thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
hugs
Sadia