Saturday, September 24, 2011

Delights of Pink, Pearls, and Posies

I am not one to do "Girly "cards but Timeless Tuesday's challenge is “All Dolled Up” and I love their challenges. Betty is asking us to dress up and go all girly with ribbons and bows, pearls and glitz, and anything else girly. This was a stretch for me....I always like to use Flourishes stamps for their challenges but I mostly have their Floral stamps which did not inspire me for a girly theme. But I found a border from "Stars and Stripes" set to create this card.  I combined it with a GKD Stamp"Celebrate in Style". This turned out to be a one layer card but I did not really plan that. I stamped the border in SU Regal Rose ink (a girly color for sure) across the bottom edge of GKD PL white CS and layered it with a sheer ribbon that has scalloped edges. I stamped the dressmaker form directly on the card using the same ink. I paper pieced the skirt with paper that I stamped  with the border stamp so it matched the edge of the card.  I colored  the bodice  and flower with Sakura Glaze and Clear Star pens.  Added glitter to the skirt and legs of the form using the Clear Star pen.  Used light pink organza ribbon for a sash. Stamped the sentiment from Flourishes "Lenten Rose"....what girl does not enjoy "Sweet Delights"?  AnnaBelle Pearls were finally added to finish.....a girl must have her pearls!

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #136: All dolled up.
Sentimental Sunday: Monochromatic plus sentiment.
Alphabet Challenge: Q for quick and simple. One layer cards are quick and simple.
Lily Pad: Simon Says Stamps' Bling Challenge-used lots of pearls.
Allsorts Challenge: Keep it clean and simple.
Designer’s Choice Challenge: DCC914 One layer CAS card.
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturdays: Do a card with your fave color or colors. Lately pink has been one of my fave colors to card with, and I even have some pink shoes.

Hope that you are enjoying some sweet delights tooday.
I enjoy all your delightful comments. Thank you. Theresa

15 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Fabulously feminine! It's a beauty!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Good luck on the challenges you've entered - looks like a winner to me :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

You do girly very well.... beautiful feminine work of art!

happyglitzygirl said...

Gorgeous card, great composition, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Theresa said...

Theresa this is beautiful. I totally love that dress and stand. Your color choice is perfect. Totally love it lady!! Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

Nicola said...

Gorgeously feminine CAS card Theresa, love the dressmakers image and those pearls to finish the glamorous look!
Thanks for Keeping it Simple with Allsorts this week and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous card, the colour is gorgeous and I love your image

thanks for joining in with my theme this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda xx

Becky Garrison said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I love this card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Karen said...

Beautiful work!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sunday's:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Fleur said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous papers.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful job with the feminine details. Thanks for joining us at FTTC. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Theresa, this card is so delicate and beautiful...definitely girly! Thank you for playing along this week...hugs ~S~

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

CAS and gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays thisweek!

Linda said...

Wonderful card Theresa! I love your color. My favorite too! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Such a sweet card! The girly theme is perfect for our bling challenge at Lily Pad Cards...thanks so much for joining us!