Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge

 
Flourishes continues with their monthly Christmas Spirit Challenges.
This month we are to make a creation that is inspired by the photo above. Please use Flourishes stamps and  just link up on the SCS Christmas Spirit Challenge 17 thread.
This was a tough one for me but I finally was inspired by the shape of the hanging ornaments, the mirror over the fireplace, and the glass of the crystal glassware and the candles on the mantle as well as the colors of red, white and silver. I began by creating the look of the hanging ornaments by using a Geo-Die #8 with Glossy White Paper but used a single cut for the upper one and a double cut for the lower one. Using the same die to trace an outline I created the red pattern ornament doing some fancy cutting and scoring with Scor-Pal. I assembled the card with a white CS base, a red CS mat (inspired by the door), a Silver Metallic Mat (inspired by the mirror) and then stamped some Snowflakes and Sentiment (thought this was a joyful setting) with Versamark and embossed with red EP. I then attached the Ornaments and raised the red one with layers of Pop-up dots to create some dimension as in the Inspiration Photo.  I finished with large Red Gemstones that were inspired by the glass elements in the photo.  My photo has too much reflection of the tabletop on the silver mat. I did another photo with a different background and a different angle to show dimension and without wood reflection from desk top.
Stamps used were Flourishes "Alleluia Angel" (Sentiment) and "Warm Winter Wishes" (Snowflakes).

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing your comments.
Theresa

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely amazing Theresa! Great take on the inspiration piece!

Olga said...

that is one jaw dropping gorgeous card!!!!