Friday, September 23, 2011

A Card to Brighten a Gloomy Day

Rainy, gloomy day here in Ohio....so that means a good day to play in the studio.  I decided to make this card for two Challenges shown below....a color challenge of Bright Pink, Black, and Gray combined with a Sketch Challenge. I started with a base of Black CS, added a panel of Designer Paper, some ribbon, a Pink circle with  rhinestones and stamped Flourishes, and finished with a Grey Pattern Paper stamped with a Flourish and Sentiment in black and matted in Dark Grey CS. This card is a bit more dramatic than I usually make.
Challenges:
CR84FN 38: Use Bright Pink, Black, and Gray
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge: See below. ( I always forget this challenge closes on Friday so I often miss doing this challenge.)
Simon Says: Uses dies and or punches.

Supplies:
Stamps: MFP's sentiment from "Happy Pansies" and Panacci Clear Stamps Flourishes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog
Papers: GKD Black CS,  BasicGrey Patterns from Olivia (I think) Paper Pad
Ribbon and Rhinestones from stash
Spellbinders Beaded Circle Die and Rectangle Dies
Thanks for your comments. I love your visits. Theresa

6 comments:

Marie said...

Theresa, your card definitely does brighten a gloomy day. Love the rhinestone bling and the flourishes. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

CraftinGranny said...

It's gorgeous and you do dramatic so well. Love the bright pink and black with the greys. Sunny here but a bit cooler than I'd like...guess fall is really on it's way and if it's gets into the 40's again tonight I think I may just have to turn on the heat..... "Hugs" Carol

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such an elegant card Theres! Love the wonderful sentiment and fancy flourish! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

A really lovely card - I do like the sentiment with flourish and sweet bling too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are right this would brighten someone's day! Love the color combo... very pleasing to the eye!

Christine said...

Wow, love your take on the sketch. The pink and black color scheme is always a hit in my book and the die cut is the perfect girlie touch!!
Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine