Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Post for Another Challenge

 I recently came across a challenge at the Scrapping Cottage  to create a card, layout, or any type of project following the sketch shown below and using Cottage Cutz dies!  I decided I could do this using a die that I had received from Scrapping Cottage a couple years ago. This Cottage Cutz Dove die was perfect to make a card to send for Rosh Hashana greetings which is the end of September.

I simply cut the dove from glossy white CS and shaded a bit with copics and colored the olive branch green. Using a card base of White CS, I layered a mat of Navy CS that I punched with a border using Martha Stewart Floral Lace and added a strip of Metallic Silver under the punched edge. I then punched a circle using Nestie Dieout of the Navy layer and attached to the card base. I sponged the open circle with Memento Summer Sky ink. I attached the Dove with pop ups over the open circle. Finished with an unknown stamp "Shalom" that I embossed with Zing Silver EP.
  Challenge Link:
  The Scrapping Cottage Challenge #4: Use Sketch on left

It is always fun to discover new challenges and use forgotten "Old" items.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so beautiful and peaceful! best of luck in the challenge - and congrats on your win I saw over on Feline (-:

Olga said...

love it, the dove is so gorgeous the way you used him, fantastic card earlier too!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh you are just amazing! So versatile... absolutely beautiful!

Sharon said...

Absolutely beautiful Theresa. Just love it!