Monday, August 8, 2011

Zinnia Bouquet from the Summer Garden

 I have many favorite flowers but my all time summer fave is Zinnias because of the many beautiful colors of the blossoms. When Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge was to make a card or project showcasing your favorite flower or flowers, I knew I had to use their Zinnia Stamp for my card and decided to frame the bouquet on my card. I used the zinnia bouquet stamp on white CS and colored with multiple Copics to create many color blooms. I used a precut Oval frame which I had to trim down in size. Since the dark green of the oval was not the right shade, I sponged the oval with Brilliance Platinum Planet ink which also gave an aged effect and toned down the green to go better with my background stripes. I was pleased by how I made the oval element work in size and color. Finished with card base of white, 3 panels of stripes, sentiment, and dew drops. Finished card size is 5.5 x 8.24"

Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday #129: Showcase your favorite flowers.
Paper Sundaes Sunday Challenge: Use sketch shown below.
 Sentimental Sunday Challenge: Flowers with a Sentiment...thought this sentiment was perfect for the bunch of flowers.
Creative Inspirations Challenge: Summertime...Zinnias remind me of summer.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes "Zinnias"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud, Brilliance Platinum Planet, Lots of Copics, Yellow Glaze Pen
Papers: GKD White, Graphics 45 Once Upon a Springtime, Precut oval from stash
Glossy Accents on pot and lid....wish it showed better.
Dew Drops from stash

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Thanks for sharing...I love Zinnia's too :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your love of Zinnia's sure shows in this card... BEAUTIFUL!

Olga said...

Beautiful!! I love all the colors~!!

Beate said...

Theresa, your bouquet of Zinnia's is beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY!~

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very pretty! Love the flowers! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Silke Ledlow said...

Such a BEAUTY Theresa! The zinnias look so pretty :) ! Thank you for playing the FTTC withnus...hugs ~S~

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful coloring Theresa and it's a wonderful take on the sketch. "Love & Hugs" Carol

Sue W said...

Stunning card Theresa!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Theresa

Such a pretty summery card - love the flowers expertly coloured.

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations and good luck.

Tina

Sprytebyrd said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colors!
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Anne said...

Hi Theresa
Sorry to be so late commenting, what a sizzling super Summer card! Great HOT zinnia shades:). Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
Hugs
Anne