Saturday, August 20, 2011

Love Is the Thread That Binds This Card

 I was making this card for another challenge but did not finish in time to enter so I found some other challenges that it would fit to enter.
It fits into the challenge at CR84FN which is a color challenge to use yellow, kraft, and natural and more listed below. I used Mark's Finest Papers stamps "Sew What?" which I stamped  an image and sentiment on to yellow CS with Memento Rich Cocoa and distressed the edges and added some Brushed Corduroy distress ink.  I stamped the scissors ( vintage style) on to Kraft CS with versamark and embossed with Gold EP and then cut out. I also stamped the spool  and colored with Copics, cut it out, and wrapped in it thread...some very old thread therefore I consider it a vintage feature too.  Also added a real needle and thread it and "stitched" on some buttons. Using a Kraft card base, I arranged and attached all my features including some vintage looking lace. Added a bow to the dress form.
Edited (Oops! I hit publish before I had completed this post.)
Here are the challenges that I am entering.
Challenges:
CR84FN 36: Use Yellow, Kraft and Neutral
Pollycraft Monday: Distressing
Truly Scrumptious: Lace It Up
Fab 'n' Funky: A Stitch in time-make a stitching/sewing themed card
Annabelle Stamps: Say it with distressing.
Sugar Creek Hollow:  Vintage, shabby chic or primitive card featuring Buttons and Bows.


OK! Now I have edited this post to get the challenges added.
Thanks for dropping by.
I appreciate all comments.
Theresa

15 comments:

Betty Benton said...

FabNFunky is having a sewing theme challenge.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Toooo fun! I love all the great elements... every time I look I find a new one! Great card GF and Thanks for playing along with us again at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Sheena said...

A fab card - I love the colour you've used! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful! Love the dress form and gold accents! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

lisbeth said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Just beautiful once again Theresa!
Thanks for sharing again this week :)
Andrea

Sharon Basel said...

This is such a pretty card. The colors are lovely together and I love that spool of thread, the vintage dressform image and the vintage scissors adorning your card. Thanks for joining us in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week.

Kylie said...

What a beautiful card, Theresa! Simply love your design and all your wonderful elements!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Sue Kohler said...

This is such a beautiful card Theresa, loving the yellow teamed up with the gold, so many little goodies to catch the eye!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle's again this week! :)

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card, I love all the pretty details! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs, Marlies

Babs said...

Fab card great colour love all the detail.

Babs x

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card! Love the dress form! What a great take on the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Sharon said...

What a great card. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon x

Patti P. said...

Theresa, this is a perfect card for our challenge. Of course I love the dress form, but the scissors in gold and the threaded spool just got me!!! Love your vintage card for us at Sugar Creek Hollow, thanks for playing.

Patti SCH/DT

Sue W said...

Theresa I always love to see what you come up with for the AnnaBelle Challenge and this is a beauty! Thanks for playing along!