Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vintage Christmas Card

 I seem to be all over the board lately in the type of cards that I am making. Maybe I really should focus on one style and become really good at that. But it is so fun to do varied styles and experiment. Here's another vintage card made for the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow which is to make a vintage Christmas card.  I found this great image of girls in their Christmas finery at The Graphics Fairy...love the scene. I printed the image on watercolor paper and distressed with Wild Honey distress ink and with the edge of scissors. I used a card base of deep red CS and an embossed mat of pattern paper  from Webster Pages "Waiting for Santa".  I added Velvet Ribbon (Jo-ann's) with gold edging and Lace (RRR)  that I aged with the distress ink. Thought this was a great look for vintage style. Finished with a Poinsettia, more Ribbon, and Beads  from my stash. Added a row of green rhinestones lower left which do not show that well in photo. See closeup . Better IRL. I used the sketch shown on left from
Card Patterns as inspiration for my layout.

Challenges to enter:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Vintage Christmas
Card Patterns: Sketch 128
Fussy and Fancy: Pick any embellishment and show us at least 3 of them.  Used 9 Green Rhinestones.
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: Christmas is Coming.
Papertake Weekly: Bingo -Lower Row used is Gems-Free(Ribbon)-Lace
The Ribbon Girl: Create a project that features Ribbon.
The Beary Scrap: Tic-Tac-Toe. Used top row : Lace-Distress-Glitter (My glitter is gold on the ribbon and rhinestones)

Do you like to focus on one style  in making cards or do you like to do a variety?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

19 comments:

Heide said...

What a wonderful Vintage Christmas card, love your bow and flower. Thank you for joining us at SCH.
Hugs, Heide

Olga said...

gorgeous, it's the perfect vintage card!!!!

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

This is so pretty! It's perfectly vintage which I LOVE!! I love your green DP and the antiqued lace. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Renee
SCH DT

The Other Patti Sue said...

You ARE good at every style you do and this is no exception! Absolutely beautiful!

Babs said...

Super christmas card love the image and detail
it really looks beautiful.

Babs x

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is one adorable card, fabulous image its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 147 Christmas Is Coming
I hope you join us again next week,

I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the vintage feel!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

CraftinGranny said...

Fantastic card Theresa and your coloring is beautiful. It's perfect for vintage. "Hugs" Carol

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card! Keep trying all those different styles -- a "rut" is not a fun place to be!!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, so glad to see you back at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. Love this image and that green paper and your ribbon and lace are so pretty. As to your question, I love all styles, I hope that I never get where there is only one way that I create. Variety for me! Thanks again for playing and have a wonderful weekend.
Patti SCH/DT

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the touch of the ribbon and lace. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly
Louise

Sharon Basel said...

Theresa this is such a beautiful card. I absolutely love that vintage image you selected and your paper and embellishments are the perfect choices to carry the vintage all the way through. A real beauty! Thanks for playing in the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this! and I enjoy trying my hand at alllll different types of techniques - so fun (-:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Theresa - this is really lovely. I adore the vintage feel of it. Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

MarikaVaan said...

WOW .. really pretty card. Thank you for playing with us this week PTWC.
Hugs Marika August GDT

Sheryl said...

Hi Theresa! This is such a lovely Vintage Christmas card! I love the image! You have embellished it perfectly. The lace makes the perfect touch! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
Hugs, Sheryl

Jamie said...

Lovely Christmas card Theresa, LOVE that image so much! Thanks for joining in our Tic Tac Toe challenge, good luck!

Hugs! Jamie from TBS

Mel X said...

This is lovely, fab colouring.

Thanks for joining us time at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.

Mel X

Patricia said...

Thank you for playing with us at The Beary Scrap, awesome project. I hope to see you play with us again. Good Luck.
~Patricia